Nevada homeowners associations provide an invaluable service to homeowners. Associations bear the responsibility of managing the community’s finances, maintaining the common areas throughout the community and enforcing certain standards in accordance with its governing documents and Nevada law. By doing so, an effective association ensures that all property owners meet their financial obligation and enables owners to enjoy their most important asset, their home.
Our practice focuses on all areas of the law affecting community associations, including the recovery of assessments through collections and foreclosures; transition from developer control; enforcement of association rules and governing documents; casualty and insurance claims, contracts, Fair Housing, litigation, mediation and arbitration; contract negotiation and review; corporate governance; interpretation and amendment of governing documents; and many others. We are dedicated to the aggressive representation and protection of our clients’ interests, and to finding permanent solutions for any issues affecting a client’s operations.
- Collection of unpaid assessments
- Enforcing restrictive covenants
- Election disputes and recall petitions
- Litigation against the developer, unit or parcel owners, contractors, or vendors
- Arbitration actions
- Legal opinions regarding interpretation of governing documents or Nevada law
- General legal representation regarding administration of the association’s business
- Fair Housing
- Any other association issue or dispute